WHO: When you were growing up, did you have an adult (teacher, coach, mentor, NOT immediate family) who significantly influenced your life? Then, we at the BNI Foundation want to hear from YOU!
WHY: We want you to share your story with us so we can share it with the world so people will see and hear the huge impact that adults can have on kids!
WHAT: So, tell us in a 1 minute or less video, about the person who inspired you, possibly even changed the trajectory of your life when you were between age 6 and graduating from high school. We especially welcome stories in which a small gesture or action made a big difference, showing how easy it can be to help our youth, without always spending a ton of time over many years. It can be raw footage, shot with a phone, and does NOT need to be professionally filmed or edited.
WHEN: May 18 – June 15, 2017
WHERE: U.S., Email your video contest submissions to: Marketing@bnifoundation.org
– Subject Line should read: Who’s In Your Story? Video Contest
– Email should include:
- Video (1 minute or less) embedded or attached
- Link to Google Docs/Drive platform for downloading video
HOW: (RULES): All submissions must:
– Be NO more than 1 minute long
– State, at start of video, your name & location (city & state)
– Be received by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on June 15, 2017
– Be a spoken testimonial of how this special person positively influenced your life
– Include a signed photo release consent form (downloadable here)
BONUS WHY: (PRIZES): 3 Overall Winners
– 1st prize – 2 days in Austin, TX for winner + 1 guest (1 day to be spent with Ivan & Beth Misner), including airfare and hotel!
– 2nd prize – $75 Amazon Gift Card
– 3rd prize – $50 Amazon Gift Card
Have fun making your videos and telling us your stories!