We are celebrating our 20th year as a foundation – what a fantastic milestone! In this time, we have donated over three (3) million dollars to our local communities – around the globe – in support of children and the teachers who educate them. But with your help we can do so much more!
We are often asked, where does the money go?
Thanks to the support of BNI’s Headquarters, known as the Global Support Team, we are able to use 100% of all money donated to help in your local communities. Not many foundations can say that!
Grant recipients have used the money in a variety of ways:
- One teacher bought Leveled Readers to help advance her students’ reading skills.
- Another school purchased College & Career Ready Material to help their students be better prepared after graduation.
- One program used the grant to buy and fill backpacks with school supplies for the elementary students in their shelters.
- A camp bought science equipment, microscopes and binoculars.
These are just a few of the many examples of how your BNI Foundation donations have helped. Another common question we receive is: what do our Business Voices teams do?
- Career Days and Fairs
- School Supply Drives
- Student Mentoring
- Student Recognition
- School Projects
This month we’d like to highlight some of the tremendous work that BNI’s Global Support Team in Charlotte, NC has done supporting a local elementary school. This is just to show you how easy getting involved can be!
- In September, the team collected school supplies and book bags
- In December, they donated pajamas for the students
- In February, March and April they collected belts, pants and polo shirts – all part of the students’ uniforms
- In May they sponsored a class trip for the 5th grade, who also came by BNI’s office for a talk with CEO Graham Weihmiller about what they each wanted to be when they grew up.
- And last but certainly not least, the team sponsored coffee and breakfast for the teachers, to recognize and celebrate a tremendous school year!
Are you interested in starting a Business Voices team?
It’s easy. Thisoutlines the entire process, and our has everything you need to start a team, including a toolkit with information, resources and project ideas. We look forward to bringing the BNI Foundation to your community.
Drink Great Coffee – Help the BNI Foundation
RX Coffee makes fresh roasted, single origin, small batch specialty coffee. They have generously agreed to donate one dollar of every coffee bag sold to the BNI Foundation. Head over to ourto order your coffee today! Use promo code “BNI” to receive an automatic 10% discount on all online orders. A big thank you to RX Coffee for their generous contribution!