BNI is Now Looking for an All-Star DevOps Engineer
Looking for an exceptional opportunity with a rapidly-growing global organization?
BNI grows businesses. Founded in 1985, BNI is the worldwide leader in business networking. With over 10,000 chapters meeting every week in more than 75 countries, we have grown to over 295,000 member-businesses. Our members meet each week to share qualified business referrals with their chapters and to grow personally and professionally with like-minded colleagues. Now is an especially exciting time to join us as we embark on an ambitious growth plan for BNI’s next 30 years. Strong performers have tremendous earning potential and unlimited professional development opportunities. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right individual. See www.bni.com to learn more. EOE.
Job Description: DevOps Engineer
The DevOps Engineer will be a part of BNI’s Global Information Technology Team and will primarily have responsibilities over the development, deployment and maintenance of the BNI cloud infrastructure for our company-owned applications and hosted solutions.
The DevOps Engineer will work closely with the developers and QA engineers located within the BNI office in Bangalore, as well as all levels of BNI Management and Leadership teams. This is an unparalleled opportunity to become part of a growing team and a growing global organization. High performers will have significant growth opportunities available to them.
- Create, update and maintain deployment/update scripts for our cloud efforts using tools such as CloudFormation and/or Terraform.
- Create Virtual Servers using EC2, Auto-scaling groups and server clusters to support our hosting efforts.
- Convert designs and architecture diagrams into IAC (Infrastructure As Code) scripts to be used for deployment in multiple environments – DEV, TEST, PRODUCTION
- VPC Maintenance, scaling and support for our cloud infrastructure
- Execute security audits within our cloud infrastructure
- Good understanding about version control system and able to implement CI/CD pipelines
- Should have good knowledge on monitoring tools like Grafana/DataDog.
- Follow best practices to increase the quality and velocity of deployments.
- NoSQL Operational Experience
- Practical Experience with Docker containerization and clustering.
- Should have practical knowledge on managing Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana stacks.
- Should have good knowledge on automating tasks with Python/Groovy/bash/Ruby etc..
- Create and maintain software development pipelines – build>test>deploy
- Document processes executed in our cloud infrastructure in full details (diagrams, documentation and more)
- Support the Development and Quality Assurance teams with their needs for cloud services/servers
- Ability to analyze and compare cloud vendors (and their offerings) on a regular basis to understand the market trends and best solutions for our cloud efforts
- Create prototypes for design concepts, mock-ups, and approved designs
- Use knowledge and research to constantly modernize our applications and infrastructure stacks
- Be a team player and strong problem-solver to work with a diverse team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience with Linux server management and maintenance
- 5+ years of experience in Development/Scripting
- 3+ years of AWS Cloud experience
- Solid understanding of AWS’ offerings, such as IAM, EC2, ECS, EKS, RDS, VPC, SQS, SES, R53, Elasticache, RedShift, EBS, EFS, SNS, and more.
- (Desired) Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- (Desired) Experience with Python scripting/development for automations
- (Desired) Experience with Jenkins and/or other build systems
- (Desired) Experience with Container technologies (docker, kubernetes)
- Familiarity with working on an Agile/Iterative development framework
- Self-starter with positive attitude with the ability to collaborate with product managers and developers
This a full-time role based out of BNI’s Bangalore office. Direct applicants only; no search or placement firms. No calls to the company, please. Competitive compensation with additional benefits. BNI’s wonderful culture is based on Givers Gain(r) and is lived out every day by our headquarters team as well as our 260,000 members globally. Learn more at www.bni.com. For the right individual, this is an unparalleled opportunity for leadership with a growing global organization.
If interest and qualified, please submit your resume with a cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-Remote