Do you want to use your development expertise to help people around the world do the right thing? Join us at BNI India to be a part of a global company where you can have maximum impact. We are looking for a Software Developer who is ready to work on a full-time role and to build and implement functional programs. You will work with other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle. In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills. If you have experience in DevOps and other popular coding languages, we’d like to know you.
The DevOps Engineer will be a part of BNI’s Global Information Technology Team and will primarily have responsibilities over the development, deployment and maintenance of the BNI cloud infrastructure for our company-owned applications and hosted solutions.
The DevOps Engineer will work closely with the developers and QA engineers located within the BNI office in Bangalore, as well as all levels of BNI Management and Leadership teams. This is an unparalleled opportunity to become part of a growing team and a growing global organization. High performers will have significant growth opportunities available to them. Successful candidate who would join in 30 days.
- Create, update and maintain deployment/update scripts for our cloud efforts using tools such as Cloud Formation and/or Terraform.
- Create Virtual Servers using EC2, Auto-scaling groups and server clusters to support our hosting efforts.
- Convert designs and architecture diagrams into IAC (Infrastructure As Code) scripts to be used for deployment in multiple environments – DEV, TEST, PRODUCTION
- VPC Maintenance, scaling and support for our cloud infrastructure
- Execute security audits within our cloud infrastructure
- Good understanding about version control system and able to implement CI/CD pipelines
- Should have good knowledge on monitoring tools like Grafana/DataDog.
- Follow best practices to increase the quality and velocity of deployments.
- NoSQL Operational Experience
- Practical Experience with Docker containerization and clustering.
- Should have practical knowledge on managing Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana stacks.
- Should have good knowledge on automating tasks with Python/Groovy/bash/Ruby etc..
- Create and maintain software development pipelines – build>test>deploy
- Document processes executed in our cloud infrastructure in full details (diagrams, documentation and more)
- Support the Development and Quality Assurance teams with their needs for cloud services/servers
- Ability to analyze and compare cloud vendors (and their offerings) on a regular basis to understand the market trends and best solutions for our cloud efforts
- Create prototypes for design concepts, mock-ups, and approved designs
- Use knowledge and research to constantly modernize our applications and infrastructure stacks
- Be a team player and strong problem-solver to work with a diverse team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience with Linux server management and maintenance
- 5+ years of experience in Development/Scripting
- 3+ years of AWS Cloud experience
- Solid understanding of AWS’ offerings, such as IAM, EC2, ECS, EKS, RDS, VPC, SQS, SES, R53, Elasticache, RedShift, EBS, EFS, SNS, and more.
- (Desired) Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- (Desired) Experience with Python scripting/development for automations
- (Desired) Experience with Jenkins and/or other build systems
- (Desired) Experience with Container technologies (docker, kubernetes)
- Familiarity with working on an Agile/Iterative development framework
- Self-starter with positive attitude with the ability to collaborate with product managers and developers
This a full-time remote role based out of BNI’s Bangalore office. Direct applicants only; no search or placement firms. No calls to the company, please. Competitive compensation with additional benefits. BNI’s wonderful culture is based on Givers Gain® and is lived out every day by our headquarters team as well as our 291,000 members globally. For the right individual, this is an unparalleled opportunity for leadership with a growing global organization.
Learn more at www.bni.com.