BNI is Now Looking for an All-Star Database Developer
Looking for an exceptional opportunity with a rapidly-growing global organization?
BNI grows businesses. Founded in 1985, BNI is the worldwide leader in business networking. With over 11,000 chapters meeting every week in more than 70 countries, we have grown to over 3,00,000 member-businesses. Our members meet each week to share qualified business referrals with their chapters and to grow personally and professionally with like-minded colleagues. Now is an especially exciting time to join us as we embark on an ambitious growth plan for BNI’s next 30 years. Strong performers have tremendous earning potential and unlimited professional development opportunities. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right individual. See www.bni.com to learn more. EOE.
Job Description: Database Developer
The Database Developer will be a part of BNI’s Global Information Technology Team and will primarily have responsibilities over the creation, development, maintenance, and enhancements for our databases, queries, routines and processes. The Database Developer will work closely with the Database Administrator, data team, software developers, QA engineers and DevOps Engineers located within the BNI office in Bangalore, as well as all levels of BNI Management and Leadership teams. This is an unparalleled opportunity to become part of a growing team and a growing global organization. High performers will have significant growth opportunities available to them.
The candidate should be able to be an expert in both database and query design and should be able to write queries on the fly on demand, he/she should posse good hands-on experience on data engineering and should be well versed with tools mentioned in the technical table below.
The person should be able to own the assignments and should be independent in terms of the development of queries and other aspects in data engineering.
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Create, optimize and maintain queries, used in our software applications, as well as data extracts and ETL processes,
- Modify and maintain databases, routines, queries in order to ensure accuracy, maintainability, scalability, and high performance of all our data systems,
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions,
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Provide data management support for our users/clients
- Research, analyze and recommend upgrades to our data systems
- Prepare documentation and specifications for all deployed queries/routines/processes,
- Profile, optimize and tweak queries and routines for optimal performance,
- Support the Development and Quality Assurance teams with their needs for database development and access
- Be a team player and strong problem-solver to work with a diverse team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience with Linux-based MySQL/MariaDB database development and maintenance
- 2+ years of experience with Database Design/Development/Scripting
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL Statements
- Strong proficiency in MySQL/MariaDB scripting, including functions, routines and complex data queries.
- Understanding of MySQL/MariaDB’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Knowledge of standards and best practices in MySQL/MariaDB
- Knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB features, such as its event scheduler
- (Desired) Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- (Desired) Experience with Amazon Web Services’ RDS offering,
- (Desired) Experience with Data Lakes and Big Data
- Experience in Python
- (Desired) Proficient Understanding of git/GitHub as a source control system
- Familiarity with working on an Agile/Iterative development framework
- Self-starter with positive attitude with the ability to collaborate with product managers and developers,
- Strong SQL Experience and ability to write queries on demand.
- Primary Technologies:
- Database Stored Procedure
- SQL Optimization
- Database Management
- MariaDB (or any relational database)
- Shell Scripting
- Understanding of MySQL/MariaDB underlying storage engines
This a full-time role based out of BNI’s Bangalore office. Direct applicants only; no search or placement firms. No calls to the company, please. Competitive compensation with additional benefits.
BNI’s wonderful culture based on Givers Gain® is lived out every day by our headquarters team as well as our 3000,000 members globally.
Learn more at www.bni.com.
For the right individual, this is an unparalleled opportunity for leadership with a growing global organization.