Do you want to use your Legal expertise to help people around the world do the right thing? Join us at BNI India to be a part of a global company where you can have maximum impact. We are looking for a Legal Counsel who is ready to work on a full-time role and to build and implement functional programs. You will work with other Team Members and Managers throughout the legal counsel life cycle. In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills. If you have experience in Legal Documentations/Administration and other popular legal activities, we’d like to know you.
BNI is growing and we would like you to grow with us. It is with great excitement that we are seeking a talented, multi-faceted Junior Associate Legal Counsel to join our growing legal team. We are looking for a strong generalist who will support the broader Legal Team on a handful of global projects and initiatives. You will work closely with our Associate Legal Counsel and business teams to facilitate operational and franchise development. As Junior Associate Legal Counsel, you will ensure that we remain in adherence to legal standards and in-house policies as it pertains to a variety of franchise and transactional agreements as well as general compliance matters. This position requires a high degree of motivation, attention to detail, and flexibility.
Job Responsibilities :
- Draft, negotiate, and revise contracts, addenda, franchise agreements, various kinds of releases, renewals, assignments, extensions amendments thereto and more.
- Assist with a variety of corporate matters including organizational documents, organization structure, and management of corporate entities.
- Assist with management of intellectual property portfolio—especially trademarks and copyrights.
- Work closely with the legal team on risk assessment and on compliance-related processes and procedures to support the organization’s ever-present focus on high franchise compliance standards.
- Assist with support of outside counsel on litigation/arbitration and specialized issues as required.
- Assist in research from legal resources such as articles, codes, statutes, and judicial decisions relevant to the organization.
- Provide day-to-day legal counsel on general corporate and compliance matters.
- Make recommendations and support the operations team on legal documentation to reflect business terms taking into consideration risk mitigation.
- Support the internal accounting team with various intercompany service agreement, license agreements and drafting various legal documents to reflect internal and external financial transaction as per audit requirements.
- Provide ongoing legal guidance and project management support throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Provide legal support for company insurance program, including advising on policy interpretations and risk transfer guidance.
- Review, draft, and provide general legal counsel on corporate policies.
- Collaborate with legal team and clients to identify and implement process improvements.
- Any other duties assigned by the Global Lead Counsel or her designees.
- Bachelor’s degree in law with 3.0 GPA or higher
- 2+ years of experience working on a broad range of legal matters including franchise law, compliance, contracts, intellectual property, marketing, data privacy, M&A, and other transactional activities. Must have bar credentials in one Indian state.
- Outstanding communication, drafting, and writing skills.
- Possess a high degree of intellect, integrity, candor, diligence, and self-motivation.
- Previous experience operating effectively in a quick paced and dynamic environment.
- Comfortable with change, and ability to readjust quickly as needs and priorities change.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and a significant workload of diverse matters in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Quick and eager learner. Demonstrated ability to gain knowledge of the business and become an integral strategic partner.
- Team player with a strong orientation toward collaborative, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to see and proactively move toward the bigger picture while not sacrificing attention to detail.
- Willing to go the extra mile to get the job done properly.
- Always keeping up the customer service element in interactions with franchisees.
- An appreciation and excitement for our culture of Givers Gain®.
This a full-time remote role based out of BNI’s Bangalore office. Direct applicants only; no search or placement firms. No calls to the company, please. Competitive compensation with additional benefits. BNI’s wonderful culture is based on Givers Gain® and is lived out every day by our headquarters team as well as our 291,000 members globally. For the right individual, this is an unparalleled opportunity for leadership with a growing global organization.
Learn more at www.bni.com.