Founded in 1985, BNI is the recognized worldwide leader in business networking. With over 11,000 chapters meeting every week in more than 77 countries, we have grown to over 300,000 member-businesses. Strong leaders have tremendous earning potential and unlimited professional development opportunities. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right individual.
Who We’re Looking For:
The Sr Project Manager (“SPM”) is part of the Operations team accountable for planning and allocating resources, preparing budgets, monitoring progress, and keeping stakeholders informed throughout the project lifecycle. As PM, your job will be to coordinate people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization and timeline.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have proven experience in project management and the ability to lead project teams of various sizes. A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a huge advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, resources, and implementation plans, including risk mitigation.
- Analyze project status and, when necessary, revise the scope, schedule, or budget to ensure that project requirements can be met.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, providing project status and changes.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with third-party resources, including vendors and researchers.
- Coordinate with cross-functional team members to ensure that all parties adhere to budget estimations, project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Collaborate with Process Improvement Team in implementation of six sigma process improvement findings.
- Ability to process map across a matrixed organization to ensure high level awareness of project trajectories for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels and escalate issues, as necessary, according to project work plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four or more years of project management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience with project management software tools.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven history of supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members and other stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about project/product.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Business Administration or Engineering.
- Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Six Sigma certifications
- Experience in developing platforms for internal processes.
- Experience in coaching project team members to strengthen their abilities and skill sets.
- Conflict resolution skills and experience.
- Active listening and diplomacy skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Exerting up to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
This is a full-time, exempt role based out of BNI’s Global Headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina. Background check and references required. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BNI’s wonderful culture is based on Givers Gain® is lived out every day by our team and over 300,000 members globally. Learn more at www.bni.com.
An equal opportunity employer.