BNI Is Looking for a Dynamic Managing Director (Outside Sales Manager) to Join our Growing Team!
Established in 1985, BNI is the world’s largest business referral network. With over 300,000 small-to medium-size business members in nearly 11,000 chapters across 76+ countries, we are a global company with local footprints. Our proven approach provides members with a structured, positive, and professional referral program that enables them to sharpen their business skills, develop meaningful, long-term relationships, and experience business growth.
Visit BNI.com to learn how BNI has impacted the lives of our members and how it can help you achieve your business goals.
Reporting to the Director of US Field Operations, the Managing Director (MD) plays a delicate balance between the manager and inspiring visionary for the region. The MD is also responsible for overseeing the daily operations and development of a world-class team of Chapter Success Coaches (CSCs) within their region. Ideal candidates have experience as a Territory Sales Manager, District Sales Manager, Sales Representative, Outside Sales Representative and Sales Area Manager.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to obtain global experience within an entrepreneurial organization that has a positive social impact on the communities served.
Role and Responsibilities
Execute the Region’s Annual Success Plan
- Develop the Region’s culture and overall vision
- Lead and motivate staff to achieve maximum efficiency and improved performance
- Set and manage growth targets while fostering a success-oriented, accountable, and positive environment within the region
- Ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward, and individual recognition
- Collaborate with the Director of US Core Field Operations on the development, communication, and implementation and execution of effective growth strategies and processes to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, business goals, and objectives
- Reporting on the weekly, monthly, and quarterly Region performance to the Director of US Core Field Operations – East
- Identify opportunities and develop solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness throughout the Region
- Manage and execute special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
Develop and Lead a Successful Team
- Implement BNI business strategies with team of CSCs as outlined by the Director of US CORE Field Operations
- Hire, train, develop, coach, motivate, appraise, and performance manage CSCs within the Region on a timely basis and in accordance with company policies
- Collaborate with CSCs to drive success measured in part by membership education, development, growth, and retention
- Motivate and lead CSCs reflecting company core values
- Schedule, plan, prepare, and facilitate various regional, chapter, team, and local events within the region
- Promote the wellness of staff and implement policies in line with legislation and health and safety guidelines to create a diverse and positive working environment
- Interpersonal, Written, and Verbal Communication
- Collaboration & Team Building
- Leadership & Accountability
- Creativity & Innovation
- Problem Solving & Conflict Resolution
- Coaching & Motivating Others
- Performance Management
- Solution-finder and results-driven within an entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture
- Proven leadership ability while fostering mentor relationships
- Customer-focused with a desire to build rapport and long-term relationships
- Detail-oriented, organized with verbal, written, multi-tasking, and presentation skills
- Possess an attitude of flexibility and adaptability that matches our growth pace
- Work independently and with a team to successfully achieve company objectives
- Strong and proven understanding of performance management principles
- Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies
- Computer knowledge and skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to routinely travel to local chapters
This is a full time, exempt role. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BNI’s wonderful culture based on Givers Gain® is lived out every day by our team and over 300,000 members globally.
Learn more at BNI.com.
An equal opportunity employer.