Founded in 1985, BNI is the recognized worldwide leader in business networking. With over 11,000 chapters meeting every week in more than 77 countries, we have grown to over 3000,000 Member-businesses. Strong leaders have tremendous earning potential and unlimited professional development opportunities. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right individual. Working at BNI will provide a global experience within an entrepreneurial organization that has a positive social impact on the communities served.
Who We’re Looking For:
Based in Watford, UK, the Manager, Accounting & Finance is a permanent, full-time position utilizing a hybrid working schedule (4 days per week in office, 1 day remote) with occasional travel (<5%). This position reports to International Controller and is responsible for planning, directing and controlling financial functions for the EMEA and UK entities by following policies and procedures and in accordance with applicable accounting and reporting rules. This includes preparing the budget; conducting financial analysis and preparing financial reports; developing and implementing an effective system of accounting; managing payroll and maintaining accurate and current records.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the provision of effective strategic, financial planning and information.
- Research, prepare and submit the annual budget.
- Provide controllership functions to ensure finances are managed according to legislation, policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and implement best practices in financial accounting policies and procedures to improve team efficiency and productivity.
- Preparation of monthly financial results for the UK and Ireland Entity for consolidation to US HQ including preparation of month end reports to support the submissions.
- Manage accounting and financial systems and maintain full and accurate accounting records.
- Conduct financial analysis and prepare detailed financial reports and statements monthly.
- Provide financial and accounting advice, direction, and leadership on proper financing activities.
- Develop and implement purchasing practices and monitor the purchasing system.
- Manage the annual external audit and preparation of statutory accounts.
- Oversee of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Calculation of monthly commissions due to Director Consultants and Managing Directors.
- Monthly payroll validation and pension upload for UK employees.
- Approve the Chart of Accounts and maintain financial controls.
- Implement and monitor payment authority practices.
- Establish and maintain cash controls.
- Monitor department spending and recommend corrective actions as necessary.
- Manage investments and reserves.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Supervise the maintenance of assessment roles and collection and distribution of taxes.
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with financial legislation, policies and procedures.
- Evaluate the performance of, and provide training and development opportunities for, Finance and Administration staff.
- Analysis as required – examples include price increase modelling/stock analysis/margin review.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Chartered accountant or CPA with strong relevant experience.
- Proven history demonstrating capability to learn quickly and being open and flexible to changes in a matrixed and multinational environment.
- process improvement in previous roles.
- Demonstrated excellent technical knowledge of UK and Irish GAAP, UK and Irish tax, transfer pricing and accounting systems/processes; experience with US GAAP
- Demonstrated high level of analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Experience working within a multi-national company.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office environment, particularly MS Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- Fluency in other languages relevant to the region being managed.
- Experience with Sage50 or NetSuite.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Exerting up to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
This is a full-time, exempt role based in BNI’s Croxley Business Park Office in Watford, UK. Background check and references required. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This is not a remote or hybrid role.
BNI’s wonderful culture is based on Givers Gain® is lived out every day by our team and over 300,000 members globally. Learn more at www.bni.com.
An equal opportunity employer.