Founded in 1985, BNI is the recognized worldwide leader in business networking. With nearly 11,000 Chapters meeting every week in more than 77 countries, we have grown to over 300,000 member-businesses. Strong leaders have tremendous earning potential and unlimited professional development opportunities. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right individual.
Who We’re Looking For:
The Director, M&A Integrations (“The Director”), reporting to the Senior Vice President, Operations, is part of the Operations Team responsible for driving operational excellence by working cross-functionally with key business unit leaders to deliver quality support during integrations. The Director will be managing the integration of country and regional repurchases globally to ensure brand quality and Member experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategy and planning
- Works with SVP, Operations, and senior leadership team to define and operationalize strategic repurchases/acquisitions of franchised countries and regions.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with business unit leaders and operational teams to define necessary budget, resourcing and logistics management needed to effectively support planned integrations.
- Leads resourcing and planning coordination across international operations support teams and shared services (e.g., legal, and information technology) to ensure alignment and franchisee operational support.
- Review the project schedule and activities with key leaders and pivot as required.
- Develops integrated plans and drives the overall implementation of new/enhanced products, procedures, and standards in both existing and new markets in a way that is flexible within regions to be culturally acceptable while maintaining the integrity of the brand.
Ongoing monitoring and support
- Leads the development, distribution and on-going evaluation of operational standards, policies, and procedures to ensure alignment with Brand standards, safety standards, and legal requirements.
- Travels to target sites and newly acquired businesses as the “face of BNI” to build relationships with key leaders.
- Serves as day-to-day relationship manager with key leaders of acquired business from deal closing until completion of integration and associated handoff to key leader.
- Responsible for review of integrations over last 24 months to ensure all items are completed.
Continuous operational improvement
- Defines an assessment approach to identify performance gaps and drive improvement.
- Identifies operational gaps between ideal and current state and executes appropriate solutions.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to define and continuously improve the integration roadmap and communicate priorities and goals for successful post-merger and post-acquisition outcomes.
- Regularly report on progress, milestones, and risks associated with each integration.
- Reviews profit and loss statements, quality reports, feedback, and internal audits to identify trends and implementation of best practices to enhance operational support and training.
Build & direct a high functioning team
- Managing a cross-functional integration team using a matrixed structure
- Oversee processes and programs across the team to ensure talent for current and future needs by providing operational, functional, and technical leadership.
- Attracts, retains, and develops highly effective professionals and support staff.
- Cultivates a bench of leadership and talent to deliver results and support future growth.
- Determines work methods and directs the work of associates.
- Drives the establishment of performance goals and provides on-going feedback, coaching, and development to enhance the team’s performance and capability, to facilitate open communication, and to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Evaluates, provides, and supports talent acquisition and career advancement evaluations to SVP.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps, developmental areas, and opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, projects, etc.) to advance individual and team capability.
- Recognizes initiative, innovation, and work well done to create a positive work environment of excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration or related field.
- 7-10 years’ experience integrating existing businesses.
- 5+ years of medium to large direct team management experience.
- Cultural sensitivity, with ability to work through translators.
- Leadership experience working in high-growth, performance-focused matrixed environments.
- Excellent, effective communicator, written and verbal, including strong presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly build trust and partnerships across various stakeholder groups.
- Strategic decision making and planning with strong business and financial acumen.
- Relationship builder and influencer, who builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel, and with external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills with proven ability to be strategic and tactical to produce effective solutions.
- Dynamic, motivating, entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to meet goals and deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Active listening, conflict resolution, and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to operate well with long-haul travel 30-50% of the time.
- Master’s Degree
- Highly proficient in project management with certifications (CAPM, PMP, etc.) with formal post-merger integration training.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Exerting up to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
This is a full-time, exempt role based out of BNI’s Global Headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina. Background check and references required. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BNI’s wonderful culture is based on Givers Gain® is lived out every day by our team and over 300,000 Members globally. Learn more at www.bni.com.
An equal opportunity employer.