Established in 1985, BNI is the world’s largest business referral network. With over 300,000 small-to medium-size business Members in over 11,000 Chapters across 77+ countries, we are a global company with local footprints. Our proven approach provides Members with a structured, positive, and professional referral program that enables them to sharpen their business skills, develop meaningful, long-term relationships, and experience business growth.
Visit BNI.com to learn how BNI has impacted the lives of our members and how it can help you achieve your business goals.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a Communications & Marketing Coordinator to support our engagement efforts with our 3,500+ Members in The Netherlands and Flemish Belgium. The Communications & Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for implementing, monitoring, and analysing communication and marketing strategies within our Netherlands and Flemish Belgium member community. The Communications & Marketing Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Operations.
The successful candidate must be fluent in Dutch and be able to communicate proficiently in English.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Consult with colleagues from the BNI Global Communications and Marketing department in order to implement effective communication procedures, branding, and global campaigns with the BNI Netherlands and Flemish, Belgium regions.
- Modify global communications and campaigns to conform with national norms and culture. Ensure that resource materials are accurately translated into Netherlands.
- Contribute in developing the communications strategy designed to further our marketing goals and target audiences within the regions.
- Coordinate marketing for campaigns, (national) trainings and conferences for BNI Netherlands and Flemish, Belgium regions.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar to plan and organize content publication and distribution.
- Define key messaging, themes, and content pillars that resonate with our member community and strengthen our brand positioning.
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to gather content insights and ideas.
- Maintain content on the BNI Netherlands and Flemish Belgium website.
- Stay up to date with various BNI apps and data used by our member community.
- Collaborate with the customer support “Member Success Centre” coming soon
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communication strategies and practices.
It is important for our staff to engage and understand what our Members are experiencing in the field. In order to successfully accomplish the role and provide effective support to our member community the Communications & Marketing Coordinator will:
- Respond to support questions and opportunities from our customers and field support staff. This includes having a thorough understanding and ability to process Membership applications and renewal process for new and recurring Members.
- Support fellow colleagues, including when they are on holiday or on sick leave.
- Demonstrated desire to own projects and exceed expectations, with the ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture
- Customer focused and desires to build long term relationships
- Detail-oriented, organized with outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking, and presentation skills in Netherlands and English
- Ability to ask core probing questions to troubleshoot, research, and create solutions
- Utilize available resources, apply sound judgment, and interpret policy
- Possess an attitude of flexibility and adaptability that matches our growth pace
- Work well independently as well as with a team to successfully achieve company objectives
- Ability to shift priorities as needed to resolve or escalate all outstanding issues
- Experience in planning and implementing communication and marketing strategies
- Computer knowledge and skills including Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to travel to local Chapters, when necessary
Minimum Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or relevant field is an advantage
- 2-5 years’ relevant professional experience within an international multi-cultural organization setting
- Excellent knowledge and proficient practical use of LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms and best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
This is a full-time, exempt role. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BNI’s wonderful culture is based on Givers Gain® is lived out every day by our team and over 300,000 Members globally.
Learn more at www.bni.com.
An equal opportunity employer.