Do you want to use your development expertise to help people around the world do the right thing? Join us at BNI India to be a part of a global company where you can have maximum impact. We are looking for a Software Developer who is ready to work on a full-time role and to build and implement functional programs. You will work with other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle. In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills. If you have experience in Database Development and other popular coding languages, we’d like to know you.
The Database Developer will be a part of BNI’s Global Information Technology Team and will primarily have responsibilities over the creation, development, maintenance, and enhancements for our databases, queries, routines and processes. The Database Developer will work closely with the Database Administrator, data team, software developers, QA engineers and DevOps Engineers located within the BNI office in Bangalore, as well as all levels of BNI Management and Leadership teams. This is an unparalleled opportunity to become part of a growing team and a growing global organization. High performers will have significant growth opportunities available to them. Successful candidate who would join in 30 days.
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Create, optimize and maintain queries, used in our software applications, as well as data extracts and ETL processes
- Modify and maintain databases, routines, queries in order to ensure accuracy, maintainability, scalability, and high performance of all our data systems
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Provide data management support for our users/clients
- Research, analyze and recommend upgrades to our data systems
- Prepare documentation and specifications for all deployed queries/routines/processes
- Profile, optimize and tweak queries and routines for optimal performance
- Support the Development and Quality Assurance teams with their needs for database development and access
- Be a team player and strong problem-solver to work with a diverse team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience with Linux-based MySQL/MariaDB database development and maintenance
- 2+ years of experience with Database Design/Development/Scripting
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL Statements
- Strong proficiency in MySQL/MariaDB scripting, including functions, routines and complex data queries.
- Understanding of MySQL/MariaDB’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Knowledge of standards and best practices in MySQL/MariaDB
- Knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB features, such as its event scheduler
- (Desired) Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- (Desired) Experience with Amazon Web Services’ RDS offering
- (Desired) Experience with Data Lakes and Big Data
- (Desired) Proficient Understanding of git/GitHub as a source control system
- Familiarity with working on an Agile/Iterative development framework
- Self-starter with positive attitude with the ability to collaborate with product managers and developers
This a full-time remote role based out of BNI’s Bangalore office. Direct applicants only; no search or placement firms. No calls to the company, please. Competitive compensation with additional benefits. BNI’s wonderful culture is based on Givers Gain® and is lived out every day by our headquarters team as well as our 291,000 members globally. For the right individual, this is an unparalleled opportunity for leadership with a growing global organization.
Learn more at www.bni.com.