Do you want to use your development expertise to help people around the world do the right thing? Join us at BNI India to be a part of a global company where you can have maximum impact. We are looking for a Software Developer who is ready to work on a full-time role and to build and implement functional programs. You will work with other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle. In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills. If you have experience in Database Development/Administration and other popular coding languages, we’d like to know you.
The Database Administrator will be a part of BNI’s Global Information Technology Team and will primarily have responsibilities over the design, development, deployment and maintenance of the databases for our company-owned applications and hosted solutions.
The Database Administrator will work closely with the developers, QA engineers and DevOps Engineers located within the BNI office in Bangalore, as well as all levels of BNI Management and Leadership teams. This is an unparalleled opportunity to become part of a growing team and a growing global organization. High performers will have significant growth opportunities available to them.
- Provision and maintain MySQL/MariaDB instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- Manage Database Servers/Clusters in Cloud environments
- Ensure performance, security and availability of databases
- Prepare documentation and specifications for all deployed databases
- Plan, document, prepare and handle database procedures, such as backup/restore/migration and more.
- Good to have Shell script knowledge.
- Experience in developing ETL processes.
- Profile, optimize and tweak server resource usage for optimal performance
- Create/Maintain/Review database-level coding, such as stored procedures, functions, and more.
- Execute security audits within our database eco-system
- Document processes executed in our database servers in full details (diagrams, documentation and more).
- Support the Development and Quality Assurance teams with their needs for database development and access
- Ability to analyze and compare database vendors (and their offerings) on a regular basis to understand the market trends and best solutions for our data-driven efforts
- Use knowledge and research to constantly modernize our data storage and server stacks
- Be a team player and strong problem-solver to work with a diverse team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience with Linux-based MySQL/MariaDB server management and maintenance
- 5+ years of experience with Database Design/Development/Scripting
- Strong proficiency in MySQL/MariaDB database management
- Understanding of MySQL /MariaDB’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL/MariaDB
- Knowledge of standards and best practices in MySQL/MariaDB
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL Statements
- Knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB features, such as its event scheduler
- (Desired) Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- (Desired) Experience with Amazon Web Services’ RDS offering
- (Desired) Experience with Data Lakes and Big Data
- (Desired) Proficient Understanding of git/GitHub as a source control system
- Familiarity with working on an Agile/Iterative development framework
- Self-starter with positive attitude with the ability to collaborate with product managers and developers
This a full-time remote role based out of BNI’s Bangalore office. Direct applicants only; no search or placement firms. No calls to the company, please. Competitive compensation with additional benefits. BNI’s wonderful culture is based on Givers Gain® and is lived out every day by our headquarters team as well as our 291,000 members globally. For the right individual, this is an unparalleled opportunity for leadership with a growing global organization.
Learn more at www.bni.com.